Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem with configuring Mail Server in Mahara

17 May 2016, 20:42

Hi good morning Thank you for helping to solve the problem.

I comment I made an installation of mahara in a virtual machine with a Ubunutu Server 15.04, I have created a server running with Postfix e Courirer pop3 and imap courirer and Squirrelmail to access the web mail. I have also configured a particular bind9 dns server.

He also commented that I downloaded files Spanish language translation although not all translated.

My problem are three:

El Primero not see the option to mahara 15.0.1 allows users conduct a search without being registered. What I have to do with an administrator account and I give them high with the administrator account
Is there any way to enable that option ?.

The second problem is that when I fill out a contact form, sending tells me that the form has been sent correctly, but then when I enter my mail server I do not see any form.

And finally when to register a user when I finish the process, mahara default send an email to the email address I have written anteriomente.Cuando mahara will send mail tells me that failed, they could not send and automatically shows me the request to change the user's password.

I need to find a solution.
Thank you so much

My mail server is Postfix + Courier + Squirrelmail then I leave the configuration of both postfix and squirrelmail

Postfix.jpg

SquirrelMailConfiguration.jpg

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

17 May 2016, 23:52

Hi Victor,

I hope I can help you with El Primero!

To allow users that are online but not in the group to search on it, you will need to update each group's setting.

Groups > My Groups > group settings icon

Publicly viewable group =  yes.

To make it a bit more private for the members of the group, you can also set:

Hide membership = yes.

Also on the same settings page.

Is this what you're after? 

Also, can you confirm the Mahara version - is it 15.10 or 15.04?

Cheers,
Ghada

18 May 2016, 21:52

Thanks Ghada

I confirm Use Mahara 15.10.1 .

With regard to my first problem or issue I mean if it is possible to enable in paragraph login , when accessing the home page mahara the option to register user , because if this option exists and I do not have to register users manually by the administrator.

Thank you so much

A greeting

Victor Hernandez Casal

18 May 2016, 23:15

Hi Victor,

So you want the users to self register?

Cheers,
Ghada

19 May 2016, 20:14

Yes, I would like to enable the logging option, that is, as it has here mahara.
I want the option to register when they enter my portfolio in the Login section appears, and thus not tenog them to give a user administrator High

19 May 2016, 21:54

Hi Victor,

OK.  If I understand your requirements, you can enable self registration from the institution admin area.

* Administration > Institutions

* Select your institution. If you did not set up one, you can use 'no institution'.

* set 'Registration allowed' = yes

* set 'Confirm registration' = no

* save.

A link will then appear on the login page for users to self register. You will not need to approve them when 'Confirm registration' = no.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Ghada

19 May 2016, 23:08

When I fill out a contact form within mahara, he tells me who sent the message correctly .But when I go to my mail server I see nothing
And also fails when you send an email when I alata to a user.

My Settings Mail is: bind9 DNS server, Postfix + Courier imap and pop Courirer and Squirrelmail to access the mail server via webmail

Image of DNS Configuration
Servidor DNS.jpg

Postfix configuration image
Postfix.png

Setting image SquirrelMail

SquirrelMail.jpg

20 May 2016, 5:38

Hi Victor,

Have you set up the mail settings in Mahara?

It is done from:

* Administration > Site settings

Please fill out the section for your email server settings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ghada

20 May 2016, 5:43

yes but mahara  dont do nothing

21 May 2016, 9:24

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately, setting up and configuring email is not what I know.

Have you tried the forums for those applications?

Ubuntu: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2202052

Squirrelmail: http://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-12.html#irc

Cheers,
Ghada
12 results