Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
update from 1.8.1 to 15.10.2

26 March 2016, 1:16

Hi,

I try to update my Mahara from "1.8.1" TO "15.10.2" !

I make my tests on a copy of my website production.... My computer is a Virtual CentOS6.5.

1/ Prompt :

$ php ./admin/cli/upgrade.php

[INF] c4 (admin/cli/upgrade.php:49) Mise à jour de Mahara
[INF] c4 (lib/mahara.php:231) Mise à jour de core
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Field last_processed_userid exists. Create skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Key last_processed_useridfk exists. Create skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Table institution_config exists. Create skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Field institution exists. Create skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Key primary does not exist. Delete skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/dml.php:157) mysqli error: [1062: Duplicate entry 'about-mahara' for key 'PRIMARY'] in EXECUTE("UPDATE "site_content" SET institution = 'mahara'")
[DBG] c4 (lib/dml.php:157) Command was: UPDATE "site_content" SET institution = ?
[WAR] c4 (lib/errors.php:747) Could not execute command: UPDATE "site_content" SET institution = ?
Call stack (most recent first):
  * log_message("Could not execute command: UPDATE "site_content" S...", 8, true, true) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/errors.php:97
  * log_warn("Could not execute command: UPDATE "site_content" S...") at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/errors.php:747
  * SQLException->__construct("Could not execute command: UPDATE "site_content" S...") at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/dml.php:158
  * execute_sql("UPDATE {site_content} SET institution = ?", array(size 1)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/db/upgrade.php:2970
  * xmldb_core_upgrade("2013101405") at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/upgrade.php:359
  * upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/mahara.php:263
  * upgrade_mahara(array(size 40)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/admin/cli/upgrade.php:50

[WAR] c4 (lib/dml.php:158) Could not execute command: UPDATE "site_content" SET institution = ?
  * execute_sql("UPDATE {site_content} SET institution = ?", array(size 1)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/db/upgrade.php:2970
  * xmldb_core_upgrade("2013101405") at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/upgrade.php:359
  * upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/mahara.php:263
  * upgrade_mahara(array(size 40)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/admin/cli/upgrade.php:50

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system13:03:12

2/ Web upgrade : https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/admin/upgrade.php

CORE from 1.8.1 to 15.10.2,

INFORMATION :

Could not execute command: UPDATE "site_content" SET institution = ?

• execute_sql("UPDATE {site_content} SET institution = ?", array(size 1)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/db/upgrade.php:2970
  • xmldb_core_upgrade("2013101405") at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/lib/upgrade.php:359
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at /var/www/html/mahara/files/htdocs/admin/upgrade.json.php:90

Have an idea ?

thank you for your help !

Jean-Paul

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

31 March 2016, 13:32

Hi Jean-Paul,

Some of these warnings that you are getting:

[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Table institution_config exists. Create skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Field institution exists. Create skipped
[DBG] c4 (lib/mahara.php:1892) Key primary does not exist. Delete skipped

indicate that you may be starting with a database that was half-way upgraded. That is, you're starting with a 'dirty' database.

You will need to drop the database and restore the original 1.8.1 (i.e. the original backup you took before you started the upgrade process).

Then, run the upgrade again.

With mysql (and postgres), you need to drop the db first  then restore to get a clean copy.

Please let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Ghada

05 April 2016, 1:26

THank you, it's help me !

I also delete the folder concerned in the artefact folder... and then reinstall it.

My upgrade is a success ,now.

Ghada El-Zoghbi's profile picture

05 April 2016, 8:07

Excellent! Thanks for the update.
4 results