Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
hi, please..help me

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 June 2009, 15:39

Hi !!

Mahara can not upload files ... when I select the file and then I click on the button "Upload file"  just keeps showing a message: Uploading fileABC.txt to Home /

thanks

Account deleted

19 June 2009, 15:57

Hello Cristian (sorry for name's mistake),

check if exif php extension is installed in your server, if you have previous release to 1.1.4. All php extensions needed are in installation instructions.

Regards

Account deleted

19 June 2009, 16:19

hi
Yes, these are installed .. I had also installed other versions of Mahara and everything worked perfectly
Account deleted

21 June 2009, 19:35

Hi,

Are you able to access the apache error log for your Mahara install? Are there any messages in there?

Failing that, is your site available publicly somewhere, so we could log in and have a look around?

Account deleted

23 June 2009, 8:31

Hi,
I checked the server  but  exif php extension is not installed. Anybody could tell me what is the role of Exif or where can I find documentation about this extension?

thanks
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

23 June 2009, 12:04

Hi,

a short google search showed me this: http://us3.php.net/manual/en/book.exif.php

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

23 June 2009, 18:09

Hi - what version of Mahara are you using? From 1.1.4 onwards, exim is optional, and not having it won't change anything. Which means if you're still having issues, it's not to do with exim. If you are, you definitely need to check the apache error log to see if there are any errors.

7 results