Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
which files do I edit?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 June 2009, 9:09

So I have uploaded all the files to my webserver, created the database, but I am stuck on which files to edited.  Such as which file to but the webserver info...

below is from the installation guide but im not sure where it goes.  If anyone can help me I would be very greatful.  Thanks.

-Greg

For MySQL:

mysql -Uroot [enter password] create database (databasename); grant all on (databasename).* to 'username'@'localhost' identified by 'password';
Account deleted

18 June 2009, 10:42

Hi Greg

That is a command used to create the database - you say you already created the database, did you use phpmyadmin or a similar tool?  If so, you can skip that step :)

HTH,

Penny

Account deleted

18 June 2009, 14:24

well...im using 000webhost.com as my web host which is free.  it has its own "control" panel to do different things.  One of the options is setting up mySQL which just asked to state a name for the database, a user name, and a password.  It did everything else automaticly

here are the errors im getting when I load my page (http://www.waitnation.com/mywnc):

Warning: require(errors.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a3371771/public_html/mywnc/init.php on line 47

and...

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'errors.php' (include_path='/home/a3371771/public_html/mywnc/lib/:/home/a3371771/public_html/mywnc/lib/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a3371771/public_html/mywnc/init.php on line 47

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

18 June 2009, 15:10

Hi Greg,

did you generate the config.php file in your directory?

http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara shows the howto modify config-dist.php. Look for the chapter

Mahara Configuration

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

18 June 2009, 15:17

Hi Greg! Looks like your installation is missing the file lib/errors.php.  Can you check that you uploaded all the files, or maybe try and upload them again over the top of what is already there?

Account deleted

18 June 2009, 20:26

Thanks Penny...I will try that and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again:) -Greg
6 results