Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Add description to profile field?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 June 2009, 15:29

How do I add a description to a field on the edit profile page (artefact/internal/)?  I've added a series of checkbox fields, but I need to display the descriptions after each checkbox and remove the titles for all except the first one.  Unlike other pages, I don't see any easy way to modify the way the field displays on the form. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

17 June 2009, 15:44

Hi Stephen,

I think the community would like to help if you share your code modifications. Look for the Files section here in the group to add files.Cool

cheers
Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 June 2009, 16:20

I figured it out.  In the code for artefact/internal/index.php in the segment of code that starts with:

$items = array();
foreach ($element_list as $element => $type){

is where you can set the options for each field.

Heinz: The vast majority of modifications I'm doing are very specific to my application.  Hence, they are not modifications that would be of much use to others.  Most of it is just adding fields and formatting the forms and pages to fit our needs.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

18 June 2009, 0:41

Hi Stephen,

I know that I am very curious Laughing but o know that many users of the community look for such experiences. Your modifications could perhaps be the start for a new idea to use mahara even better. Wink

Heinz

4 results