Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
ePortfolios and Lifelong Learning

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 August 2015, 20:55

I wrote some thoughts about this topic here:

http://mikekelly.myblog.arts.ac.uk/2015/08/17/new-learning-tool-and-thoughts-on-lifelong-learning/

along with details of some software I've been developing. Not strictly about Mahara but should be relevant to many Mahara users. Any feedback or comments appreciated!

Mike

Account deleted

19 August 2015, 12:57

Thanks for this info Mike. I am finding more and more uses for mahara and sometimes it is the application of external concepts that makes it all the more worthwhile. Your article gives a lot of food for thought.

We have been working the last month with  linking live You Tube streams from and to mahara and using the recordings for evidence and/or social learning is important to our fledgling church-based community.

We made the google Events page have a similar look and feel to the mahara page. Would it be possible to get a better integration with an app like you propose?

Account deleted

20 August 2015, 0:22

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. I think you should be fine with Mahara as long as your members have long-term access to it. In my own context, when students leave, they lose access to their work, hence my suggestion of alternative models.

Best wishes,

Mike

3 results