Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Options not appearing in a View

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 June 2009, 0:33

My colleague has a View with profile and contact information. Although there is data in the profile and contact sections it does not appear as an option in the View. Any ideas of what we can do? We are using V1.1.

Thanks for your help.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

17 June 2009, 3:18

Hi John,

which blocktype did your collegue insert into the view? The information and profil blocktypes need  to click a selection of profile/contact information.

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

17 June 2009, 16:42

Hi Heinz,

The blocktypes that do not show the options are in Profile: Contact Information, Profile: Profile Information and Blogs:entire blog.

The View has other blocks that work including: a youtube block,  Text blocks and blog posts. I have created lots of Views and have not seen this behaviour before. I suspect it is something to do with the View. He can create new Views with the contact information etc. He could just recreate the View but we have 100 students starting soon and if this happens to them it will put them off.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, John

Account deleted

17 June 2009, 19:29

Hi - sounds like a strange problem, is your site available publicly for us to look at?

And you're saying it only doesn't work in one view in particular? Do you know much about firebug or javascript consoles? It would be helpful to find if there are any errors on the page.

Account deleted

18 June 2009, 0:13

The view is available at http://myportfolio.ac.nz/view/view.php?id=6567 

When I tested the link in this message I got an error but when I copied the URL into the address bar it does display. The error message is:

Mahara: Invalid Parameter

A required parameter is missing or malformed

The 'id' parameter is not an integer

A new view has been created which has the options and works.

No I do not use firebug or javascript consoles. 

Cheers, John

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

18 June 2009, 0:36

Hi John,

the posted link contains a not visible sign at the end.This:
http://myportfolio.ac.nz/view/view.php?id=6567

works for me ;-)

Heinz

Account deleted

21 June 2009, 20:29

Hi John - I've had a look and I can see the problem too. I've filed a request to look into it - it may just be an issue with the theme.
7 results