Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Personal Layouts empty after Update to 15.04.1

Nicolas John's profile picture
Posts: 1

03 June 2015, 7:27 PM

Hi All,

I recently did an upgrade from 1.10.2 to 15.04.1. The update seems to work but 1 problem is occuring: if i login as a member and go to Portfolio -> View -> Create view -> Edit layout all layouts are empty, I only see blank boxes from which I can choose.

Server system is Debian with PHP 5.3.29 and MySQL 5.5. No error messages in logs or during the update process at all. Maybe it's a bug in the current version?

Best Regards,

Stefanie Berger's profile picture
Posts: 14

03 June 2015, 11:05 PM


we've the same problem, but in both versions 1.10 and 15. Sometimes some thumbnails are displayed, sometimes none.



Robert Lyon's profile picture
Posts: 380

04 June 2015, 9:36 AM


In 15.04 we moved to using svg graphics to display the layout options rather than image files. And it seems that it is not showing the graphics for some users.

There is a bug filed for this problem here:

I am able to see the correct graphics in browsers that I use.

Can you let me know what OS / browsers / browser versions you are using as well as what Mahara theme you are using and I will try and get to the bottom of this problem.



Deleted user's profile picture
Posts: 7

05 June 2015, 2:54 AM

Dear Robert,


I came across this error (the not showing pictures in the layout tab) a few month ago. It was version 1.10. Now, with 1.15, the problem still exists.


I tried nearly every browser and with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and OS X Yosemite and so on. The pictures did not show, most of the time. Sometimes just one or two were shown, sometimes none.

I also tried it on various server-systems (linux, windows) with different specs (RAM aso.) and still, most of the time, no pictures.


The only thing I have not tried was different themes. I will do that this weekend.



Best regards,


Deleted user's profile picture
Posts: 7

05 June 2015, 3:26 AM

Dear all,


next time I should read the bug tracker first.


I tried the layout tab, this time in english. And it worked. So it seems to be the problem described in the tracker entry (link see above)




5 results