Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Personal Layouts empty after Update to 15.04.1

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 June 2015, 19:27

Hi All,

I recently did an upgrade from 1.10.2 to 15.04.1. The update seems to work but 1 problem is occuring: if i login as a member and go to Portfolio -> View -> Create view -> Edit layout all layouts are empty, I only see blank boxes from which I can choose.

Server system is Debian with PHP 5.3.29 and MySQL 5.5. No error messages in logs or during the update process at all. Maybe it's a bug in the current version?

Best Regards,
Nicolas

Stefanie Berger's profile picture

03 June 2015, 23:05

Hello,

we've the same problem, but in both versions 1.10 and 15. Sometimes some thumbnails are displayed, sometimes none.

download.php?file=426374&embedded=1&group=1&post=29123

Stefanie

Robert Lyon's profile picture

04 June 2015, 9:36

Hi,

In 15.04 we moved to using svg graphics to display the layout options rather than image files. And it seems that it is not showing the graphics for some users.

There is a bug filed for this problem here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1461040

I am able to see the correct graphics in browsers that I use.

Can you let me know what OS / browsers / browser versions you are using as well as what Mahara theme you are using and I will try and get to the bottom of this problem.

Cheers

Robert

Account deleted

05 June 2015, 2:54

Dear Robert,

I came across this error (the not showing pictures in the layout tab) a few month ago. It was version 1.10. Now, with 1.15, the problem still exists.

I tried nearly every browser and with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and OS X Yosemite and so on. The pictures did not show, most of the time. Sometimes just one or two were shown, sometimes none.

I also tried it on various server-systems (linux, windows) with different specs (RAM aso.) and still, most of the time, no pictures.

The only thing I have not tried was different themes. I will do that this weekend.

Best regards,

Patrick

Account deleted

05 June 2015, 3:26

Dear all,

next time I should read the bug tracker first.

I tried the layout tab, this time in english. And it worked. So it seems to be the problem described in the tracker entry (link see above)

Patrick

5 results