Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Populating fields in resume automatically

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 March 2015, 3:57

Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find any other instances so I decided to fire ahead!

Is there any (easy) way to extract content from an existing word doc and publish straight to the resume on Mahara?

26 March 2015, 4:39

Hello Elanor,

In which field you want to put your extract, in the resumé or in a page that contains information from the resumé?

In the resumé you can copy info from your MS Word document and paste it in a field (the cover letter for example). It is better to "clean" the text from Word, pasting it into a simple text processor such as TextWrangler on Mac before the coping/pasting it to Mahara. This is because MS Word adds a lot of code hidden in the text that may cause some trouble when displaying the text on a web page.

In a page containing info form the resumé, you can add a note or annotation and paste your text. Again with the same reserve about the code generated by MS Word

HTH

-dajan

Account deleted

26 March 2015, 5:11

Thanks for this reply. What I was hoping to achieve was extracting the information from a document and populating the fields of the resume automatically (instead of copy and paste). 

I will bear in mind the clean text issue also.

26 March 2015, 16:34

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible. The import option is only working with Leap2a file.

-dajan

Account deleted

26 March 2015, 22:49

Ok, thank you for the reply!

5 results