Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Several beginner issues

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 June 2009, 18:48

Today I was preparing a demo for two presentations on using Mahara in K-12 (one at FOSSED and the other NECC unplugged). 

As I worked, I found several questions that I couldn't seem to answer - I hope I am not being unsensitive by not digging too deeply into the archives, but my time is quite short:

1 - Is there a way for me to change the password format requirement?  

2 - Can I set passwords and remove the "must change password" on first login?

3 - Can I remove Profile  Tabs (many are not relative and even not allowed in K-12 schools)?

4 - I do not want students to create groups - I have set only Admins in the settings, but my demo student seems able to do so anyway?

5 - How do I change the number of RSS feed items - 10 is too many.

6. - Can we make it easy to embed blip.tv videos?

7 - Is there a way to either have an index of all public views - or a search for author's public views?

These are all very important topics for being able to have Mahara accepted by the K-12 teachers and administrators.

Sharon

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 June 2009, 22:00

1. Not without hacking code I'm afraid right now
  2. Yes - if you create accounts for people via CSV upload you can do this. I don't think you can do it via the Add User screen yet.
  3. In 1.1 it's a bit of a messy process involving removing some code and hacking some records in the database. In 1.2, a bunch of them will be able to be disabled.
  4. There's no setting to prevent students creating groups yet - I'm not sure what setting you saw? It's a common feature request btw, so something I guess we'll do soon.
  5.  Not yet possible to change, sorry (without code hacking).
  6.  Yes we could - it would be worth you filing a feature request for this Smile
  7. Another reasonably common feature request, we have to take a good look at Mahara's search at some point. It's an item on the Roadmap.
2 results