Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade fail from 1.09

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 June 2009, 10:15

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the heads up, infact the database was originaly utf8 but it wouldnt upgraded, as soon as I exported the db and changed the utf8 to latin1, reinserted the database, changed the defaults on the client and on the server the upgrade worked. 

But I dont think in my production enviroment its a good idea to change these defaults again, would you recommend post upgrade, converting back to UTF8?  I can dump to a file and do a find/replace on latin1.  Then re-insert the database... 

What are your thoughts?

Account deleted

13 June 2009, 0:47

Hi - could you try the patch I posted just above on your database and see if it helps when you try the upgrade?
Account deleted

12 June 2009, 16:32

So after the upgrade I re-exported the database, changed the charsets to utf8 from latin1, tried re-inserting the database and got an error.

This tells me that the data model is infact not compliant with utf8 but latin1, please clarify, after switching to latin1 I am seeing some odd behavior such as:

[date form here] [[or/en.latin1]] [[notspecified/en.latin1]]

Account deleted

11 June 2009, 16:38

Hi Rahim,

This is the other thread about this stuff:

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=346

If you are also using a non-utf8 db collation then it looks like we don't have an answer yet, I'm afraid.

Account deleted

11 June 2009, 16:39

Yeah the profileicon stuff is from the earlier failed upgrade.  Just restore your dataroot directory from before all your upgrade attempts and it should go away.
Account deleted

12 June 2009, 10:18

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the tips, I did endup just removing the folder it was trying to rename to.  Also I need to brush up on some of the collation and utf8 charset stuff.  The database was UTF8 thats the wierd part, I had to move it back to latin1 to do the upgrade.

Comments? Suggestion?

16 results