Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Is there any problem with the git repository

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 June 2009, 12:50

Hello,

I am trying to do a git push to both master and 1.1_STABLE branches, and I get the following error message:

ssh: connect to host git.mahara.org port 22: Connection refused
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

The only change that I made is that I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 last week, but this shouldnt' have affected git, should it?

The config file in the git directory looks like this:

[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = true
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
    url = http://www.kernel.org/scm/git/git.git
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

Do I need to change something here?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

10 June 2009, 15:59

Hi Mari Cruz,

I don't think the config file you've pasted above is the one you're actually using for Mahara, as it points to www.kernel.org and the error message explicitly says that git can't connect to git.mahara.org :-)

On the other hand, I've just pulled and pushed to git.mahara.org (via ssh) without trouble. Do you have any kind of personal firewall running on that machine? That could be blocking the outgoing ssh connections.

Saludos. Iñaki.

Account deleted

10 June 2009, 19:22

Hi - I just tried and it's working for me, it's possible there were some server issues previously. Does it work for you now?
Account deleted

11 June 2009, 4:04

Hello both,

That was the configuration file I found in the GIT folder, but I admit that I don´t know much about GIT.

Where can I find the right one?

Yes, I am trying to connect via a proxy server, so it could be that IT had changed any of the settings. I need to confirm this last assumption with them.

Regards

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

13 June 2009, 7:26

The one you are looking for is inside the mahara repository directory. There should be a 'hidden' directory called .git, and inside it there should be a 'config' file.

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Account deleted

15 June 2009, 3:58

That is the folder I looked into, Iñaki, and the config file I mentioned in my previous post was in that folder.

Anyway, it seems that my last  "push" commands were sent in the end as I saw yestarday.

Thank you very much.

Mari

6 results