Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
problem attache a file when place feedback

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 June 2009, 15:32

I have a controlled group in mahara 1.1.2.  When a group member submit a view to tutor, I can place feedback.  It seem like I can attache file when place the feedback since I can see the file selector.  But when I try to attache file, nothing is uploaded and database has no record about the attahcment (null).  Does anyone has any idea about this issue?
Account deleted

08 June 2009, 17:42

Hi - the attachment is sent to that user's files section - do they have it? It gets put in a subdirectory of their home directory. Is it there, or has the file gone completely?
Account deleted

09 June 2009, 7:08

Just to note we (at UCL, London) are seeing the same problem - the file seems to disappear completely, it's not put in the user's file area nor 'attached' to the view in the way that the feedback is.

Thanks

Steve

Account deleted

09 June 2009, 11:47

The attachement seem like disappear completely.  I can't see any temporary upload file on the server, and the database record does not have any attachement id.   Below is one database record from view_feedback table and the attahcment field is "null".

25, 6, 8, 'Attachment IE Test 1', null , '2009-06-08 13:48:43', 0, null''
Account deleted

09 June 2009, 21:33

Hi - Richard investigated and it looks like it was a bug in 1.1. He's committed a fix now, so 1.1.4 should see this functionality working again. Thatnks everyone!
Account deleted

10 June 2009, 18:09

I am JZhang's colleague from the University of Saskatchewan Canada, we are implementing Mahara system in August and the file return is a key feature in our user design. It was working good when we tested it on old versions of Mahara. We have designed our application/use to include this feature. It's a shock to see it not work now. Hope this gets fixed in the next release.

Thanks
Ivy 

Account deleted

10 June 2009, 20:23

Yeah I'm really sorry about that, this was my fault and I think it's been broken ever since we introduced view access keys for logged-out users (and anonymous view feedback).

It's fixed now and I'll try to get a release out this afternoon.

Account deleted

11 June 2009, 16:54

Thanks Richard, we are applying the upgrade now.We appreciate the fix.

Our project website is http://valhalla.usask.ca/pteportfolio but we are currently doing upgrade so it may not always be available. We do not yet know exactly how we need to acknowledge Mahara on the front page of the project website. The help files on the website are old, they were created for the small pilot we did last term.

Ivy

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Account deleted

11 June 2009, 21:44

Hi - for acknowledgement, we have a little 'powered by mahara' logo in the footer of the theme (as well as a HTML comment in the footer). Showing that logo is enough - though we can't actually see your Mahara anyway as it's behind your login server Wink
10 results