Forums | Mahara Community
Cron Jobs and Site Registration
02 February 2015, 22:47
I have a feeling that these two are related, but not sure.
When I try and register the site, it informs me that "Registation failed with error code 400. Please try again later." (Just noticed that Mahara spelt Registration wrong!!! I copied and pasted the error message)
I have also setup a Cron job as a root user, I tried setting it as www-data but it informed me that the www-data user was unknown. It works as a root user, so I left it as that; has the following in the cron.log file:
[DBG] f5 (lib/cron.php:45) ---------- cron running Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:20:01 +0000 ----------
[DBG] f5 (lib/cron.php:146) Running core cron rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty
[DBG] f5 (lib/cron.php:146) Running core cron activity_process_queue
Invalid address: [email protected][DBG] f5 (lib/cron.php:146) Running core cron import_process_queue
[DBG] f5 (lib/cron.php:168) ---------- cron finished Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:20:01 +0000 ----------
Emails are being sent using postfix on the Mahara server and being relayed through our on-site exchange 2010 server. This works using Moodle, and it does seem to work on Mahara; but I have only started testing the Mahara server and came across this.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
03 February 2015, 8:56
By the looks of things if you are getting that spelling mistake in the message returned it means that you are on a Mahara 1.5 (or earlier) which is an older, unsupported version. The spelling mistake was fixed in version 1.6 (Mahara is currently on v1.10).
You could try upgrading your Mahara to a later stable version to see if that sorts out the problem.
Otherwise you can look in the lib/registration.php file at registration_send_data() to make sure that the data being sent is correct/logical.
03 February 2015, 9:57
Fantastic, I never even noticed I was on a lower version (I was on 1.4) as I had just installed it, I thought I would be on the latest version.
Sent an email, was slow at arriving (a few mins) but no error messages in the cron.log
Many thanks for your advice.