Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Web host says they won't install Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 May 2009, 8:58

I requested a fairly strong and well-known web host, usually with a good service record, to install Mahara for me, and got back this reply:

"We have tried installing the script, but I'm afraid that the application requires much higher limits and resources than our shared servers can allocate for a single account. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to install it for you. I'm sorry. "

Did I miss something on the technical side that Mahara needs a dedicated server or some such environment in order to work properly?   What's the scoop here?

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

29 May 2009, 13:09

Hi Thomas,

the requirements to install mahara are posted in the wiki: http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara

Feel free to ask if I can give you assistance with the install. My own Mahara site runs on a shared host.

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

29 May 2009, 13:25

They have it working now!!  Thanks for replying and the offer of help.
Account deleted

12 June 2009, 0:06

Hi Heinz,
I tried a number of webhosts for installing Mahara, but I faced one or another issue with the requirements for Mahara.
Can you please help me by giving me the names of some shared hosts where I can install my Mahara?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Lucky

Account deleted

02 July 2009, 7:09

Lucky,

I had to move mine away from Network Solutions, to hostgator.com These guys are great, and mahara runs like a champ. Not only everything works and speed is excellent, but the price is very good.  

Regards,

-Victor

5 results