Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
LDAP Problems

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 May 2009, 10:40

I've just installed Mahara, having been running multiple instances of Moodle for several years.  I'm trying to set up authentication via LDAP, but despite using exactly the same LDAP settings as I use in Moodle all I get is "You have not provided the correct credentials to log in. Please check your username and password are correct."

As I said, the LDAP connection strings etc are the same as I use in Moodle (in fact I copied and pasted them from the Moodle LDAP page), and I can log in to Moodle perfectly.  The Institution is the default "No institution", which also has 'Internal' as an authentication.  ('Internal' is the first option, LDAP the second, and I can log in fine with an account created manually in Mahara.)  Mahara is running on the same server as Moodle - I'm not trying to set up SSO though, as we're still running Moodle 1.7, which is missing something which is vital to SSO, I'm just trying to get Mahara to work with LDAP in its own right.

Can anyone suggest a reason why Mahara won't authenticate against LDAP when it works fine with Moodle?  Do I need to enable any other PHP plugins to make it work?

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks in advance

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 May 2009, 7:23

OOPS!   Fixed it - our Moodles have the ability to authenticate against either the Staff or Student domains, and each domain has a binduser account which is used to connect to LDAP.  Guess which idiot was trying to connect Mahara to the Student binduser account using the Staff binduser password...  Embarassed
2 results