Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Translation problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 May 2009, 16:12

I have two problems with the Dutch translation. By coincedence, they are both visible on the screenshot: some of the units are not visable, and some of the translated strings don't show up in the interface (all strings are translated on my translation server). My langpack is in the maharadataroot/langpacks/nl.utf8-folder. The strings are translated with David's (great) translation editor.

Can anyone give me a clue of what to look for?

see http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=2716 for details

Account deleted

26 May 2009, 18:09

Hi - those strings are provided by Pieforms, not by Mahara itself. Have a look in lib/pieforms at the files in there, you'll need to provide translations for those too. Once you've changed the files, send me the patches (or just the entire files with your translations, I can make patches from them), and I'll commit them to Mahara and Pieforms.
Account deleted

27 May 2009, 3:25

Hello ,

Are you testing the language package in a localhost -wampserver or other LAMP plaform for windows-.

While testing the spanish language package in Mahara (localhost), I had a problem with one of the strings which was not shown on screen, but it happened only in windows. I wonder if that is your case too.

What is the value for the variable   $cfg->langpacksearchpaths in your installation?

Regards

Account deleted

29 May 2009, 8:51

Are you testing the language package in a localhost -wampserver or other LAMP plaform for windows

No, I only use Linux.

What is the value for the variable   $cfg->langpacksearchpaths in your installation?

The variable seems fine:

config.php://$cfg->langpacksearchpaths = array('/var/maharadata/langpacks/nl.utf8');

Account deleted

29 May 2009, 8:48

Ah missed that. Just found it in the docs - my mistake. The Dutch pieforms are at the moment flying around the globe towards you. Please merge them in.

Still the weird problem with the translated strings not showing up ...

Account deleted

02 June 2009, 2:02

All committed now - thanks!
6 results