Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Mahara+Twitter?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 May 2009, 4:55

Hello everybody!!

I’d like to participate in this forum as I am working with Mahara and I would like to know how to use Twitter in Mahara. I think it could be interesting for the students to use instant messaging.

Thanks to all!!!

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

26 May 2009, 6:32

Hi,

greetings from Germany Wink

I have added a view about ideas working with Twitter at my profilpage:  http://mahara.org/user/view.php?id=11

Its a collection of material I found recently in the WWW.
In which area do you work with Mahara?

Cheers Heinz

Account deleted

26 May 2009, 18:06

Hello Heinz,

Thank you for sharing your 'Twitter View".  What a great resource you have put togetherSmile 

I have been trying to encourage the use of twitter for 'micro blogging' as a tool for immediate reflection or a record of incidental learning with the student teachers when they are on practicum, but there is a what I call a 'cultural barrier' to overcome at the moment with teaching staff and mobile phones.  I am not promoting the community aspect but more a personal record of ideas and thoughts that could be used for prompts for further reflection at a later time.

This is in keeping with Helen Barretts model of immediate and retrospective reflection: http://electronicportfolios.org/balance/

Kind regards

Hasmeeta

28 May 2009, 10:23

Hello Hasmeeta,

I agree with your thoughts. A German Prof Thoms Häcker  has described a very similiar view about the Portfolio work. Barrett's landscape is excellent. Thanks for the link.

Heinz

Account deleted

01 June 2009, 3:11

Hello Heinz!

Thanks for your reply, not very safe for some. In Spain this topic is very new and there is little information.

I am working on an online training company, we want our students have the opportunity to learn from each other, I think it is appropriate and Mahara integration twitter a serious match for the interaction of the students in group work.

I admit that I am somewhat lost on this subject and not even know how to launch Twite in Mahara, I will continue investigating.

Greetings from spain and excuse my English is not very good.

01 June 2009, 4:40

Hi,

my English has proofed since I chatted hours about Mahara Wink Feel free to ask everything, the comunity will always try to assist.

To use Twitter as a microblogging tool offers many possibilities. The twitter block in Mhara is a way to show lerning processes. Thoughts will be collected and don't get lost in "space". The short texts could be expanded within the mahara blog.

Just a few ideas to begin your studies

Heinz

Account deleted

01 June 2009, 5:46

Hello

Twitter is a very useful tool, apart from improving learning, helps students to develop new technologies.
I would like to know how to integrate the module into Twitter Mahara. I need help on this.

Thanks and greetings!

01 June 2009, 6:10

Hi,

here a short howto insert an rssblock with twitterfeeds into a mahara view:

There are also twittergadgets avaiable to insert into textblocks in order to see more elegant boxes.

Heinz

Account deleted

01 June 2009, 7:43

Thank you for your rapid response, as I have succeeded, thanks!
Now I can get all their utility and put it into practice.
We remain in contact.

Clara.

01 June 2009, 8:46

Wink no problem. Great to hear that you find the way.

Heinz

21 results