Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Mahara+Twitter?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 June 2009, 3:23

Hi Heinz!
I'm trying to put Twitter in the profile page, for more easily to students, but not how.
Please help, the truth is that even I have a lot to learn in Mahara, particularly in relation to creating communities. It's very new for me but with a great philosophy, which helps me to keep learning.

Clara :-)
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

02 June 2009, 5:52

Hola Clara!

did you install a own Mahara site? URL?

here a short howto insert an rssblock with twitterfeeds into the user profile page

What is your name in twitterworld?

Heinz Wink

Account deleted

02 June 2009, 6:55

Hi Heinz!  Smile

My company works with moodle, now we are trying Mahara Moodle applied to everything we are doing is testing.

Now I have to leave the issue Mahara today, but tomorrow will try to put twitter in the profile, will have you informed.

My Twitter name is ClaritaCJ, I do not have anyone on my Twitter  Cry

Thanks for everything! Wink

02 June 2009, 14:03

Hola Clara,

if you want to look for twitter hashtags, just fill  http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=H1_eP in the approbiate field. Change H1_eP with your hashtag.

Heinz

Account deleted

08 June 2009, 7:45

Hallo Heinz!
I have been a few days away from my job and I have not followed Mahara, I'm back! The integration of Twitter in my Mahara already solved, I am very grateful for your help! I wanted to tell you that neither name is Twitter Jurado Cobos.
I have some doubts about Mahara, I wonder if the students can belong to different institutions at once. Not as is.
Thanks for all Greetings!Smile

08 June 2009, 9:55

Hola,

please try to find my (h1moodle) in twitterworld an follow. I don't find your account :-(

Students can be member of different institutions. If your mahara site has different institutins they are asked during the registration process which institution to join. Please remember that all users are visible inside Mahara.

Heinz Wink

08 June 2009, 10:43

I take this opportunity to advance another of the comments that I was waiting to do. The fact that users are all simultaneously visible in a Mahara installation is not exhaustive? Could not be useful if a user chooses whether to be visible or not? For example I find useful that a user is always visible in an institution, but, in my opinion, should be able to choose whether to be visible to all other users.
Account deleted

08 June 2009, 18:12

At the moment, users can't hide from anyone. But, we do plan in future to allow "walled gardens" inside Mahara, so that you can say things like "users in this institution can't see anyone outside it", or "users in this institution can see users in these other institutions but not those ones". It should help for our national eportfolio service, where we have lots of schools but some don't want to have their students visible to other schools.

09 June 2009, 8:27

Nigel said that? You are great!
Account deleted

08 June 2009, 18:10

Hi - students can belong to more than one institution if you tick the box in the Admin Site Options that allows this. It's off by default.