Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
IE6

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 May 2009, 20:17

We recently we to present a workshop about to Mahara to a client, they run on IE6 in their organisation.

We are using Mahara 1.1

I've come back with 3 problems:

1. on each page there is a large white space, and you have to scroll down the page to find the input area

2. Once a block was placed into a View it could not be deleted

3. The watch list wouldn't work.

Could anybody help with these Issues?

Account deleted

26 May 2009, 3:48

Hello Sophie,

I don't know exactly why Mahara is doing that, but I can give you some clues from very similar problems that I have experienced:

1) You mention  that you are using IE6: Although Mahara works much better with Firefox, I would advice you to upgrade to IE v. 7. While running Mahara on Explorer 6, I had problems dragging artefacts and blocks to views, which were sorted  when I run it in IE7.

2) You mention  that you cannot delete a block from a view. Do you get a error message saying  "Site unavailable" when you try to delete that block?

I had that problem recently, when I tried to add or delete artefacts to a view, and it was caused because the server was out of memory. In my case, there was another java process  running which was using most of the memory for the apache2 processes. The IT guy stoped that java process and everything worked fine.

I hope that this information is useful.

Kind regards

Account deleted

26 May 2009, 17:33

Hi,

1. I think that's a bug in the stylesheet and IE6. Could you please file that on the bug tracker
  2. Did you receive any error messages? What happened exactly?
  3. Could you please expand on this? What did you do, what did you expect to happen, and what actually happened?
Account deleted

26 May 2009, 18:12

2. When we were editing the View we tried to delete the block using the cross icon.  We were promtped and asked if we were sure we want to delete the block, clicked yes. And then nothing happened.  The block stayed in the View

3. I attempted to show the clients how a watchlist works, i added views to my watchlist and made sure my settings were that the watchlist would show in the activity stream.  I then asked people to edit their views that i had added to the watchlist.  I expected this to be shown on the watchlist, something along the lines of 'Sophie has edit her view' or alike.  But when i went through to the watchlist there was nothing there.

Account deleted

28 May 2009, 1:02

Hi - both of those sound like bugs, and the first one sounds like it's related to IE6 in particular. Would you mind filing bugs for both of those too? It would be much appreciated! Smile
5 results