Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Trigger privilege error on Mahara 1.9.2 install

Dan Tina's profile picture

24 September 2014, 23:26

Hi,

I am trying to install the above version on ubuntu 13.04 mysql-server 5.5.31.

I've created the database and granted full privileges to a user on the database (including the trigger privilege), yet I am getting this error:

[Mahara requires permission to create database triggers, but is unable to
do so. Please ensure that the trigger privilege has been granted to the
appropriate user in your MySQL installation. For instructions on how to
do this, see
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator's_Guide/Granting_Trigger_Privilege]

Can anyone help please?

Regards,

Dantina

25 September 2014, 21:14

Here is more information on this error from the error log:

[DBG] c6 (lib/dml.php:152) mysqli error: [1419: You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)] in EXECUTE("CREATE TRIGGER "testtrigger" BEFORE INSERT ON "testtable" FOR EACH ROW BEGIN END;")
[DBG] c6 (lib/dml.php:152) Command was: CREATE TRIGGER "testtrigger" BEFORE INSERT ON "testtable" FOR EACH ROW BEGIN END;
[WAR] c6 (lib/mahara.php:177) Mahara requires permission to create database triggers, but is unable to do so. Please ensure that the trigger privilege has been granted to the appropriate user in your MySQL installation. For instructions on how to do this, see https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator's_Guide/Granting_Trigger_Privilege
Call stack (most recent first):
  * ensure_install_sanity() at /var/www/mahara/init.php:366
  * require("/var/www/mahara/init.php") at /var/www/mahara/index.php:16

25 September 2014, 22:50

Hello

A few versions ago, Mahara has started to depend on the 'triggers' feature available in recent version of MySQL

Before you upgrade to 1.9 or 1.10 you must first check the needs in term of software and material for the new version of Mahara.

You also must read the installation instructions in the wiki and more over about how to create and give the proper rights to a user to access the database.

With the latest versions of Mahara triggers are compulsory.

Regards

dajan

25 September 2014, 22:52

I will also recommend you to move on Ubuntu 14.04 because 13.04 is not a long term version and won't be sustained for too long.

Regards,

dajan

26 September 2014, 2:27

Thanks Dajan.  I understand we will be upgrading Ubuntu soon.  As far as the trigger info on the wiki goes, I've done as suggested and I am still getting the same error.  I even set the user up as a SUPER user and I still got the trigger error.  I am thinking this may be a bug to be reported?

Regards,

Dantina

28 September 2014, 8:40

Hello

If you think you have enough info to pass to the developers to track the bug and reproduce it, yes, it is worth to write a bug report
6 results