Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
login

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 August 2014, 4:24

Hello to all of you experienced Maharas!

After I tried mahara on a local xampp-system everything worked fine and properly, but after my installation of mahara 1.9.2 on my live system I am asked for my login data for almost every activity - so what could be the reason? Is there any setting I have to change? The install routine ran through without any error message. Do you need more informations about my server system?

Many thanks in advance from

Lutz

Robert Lyon's profile picture

14 August 2014, 7:11

Hi Lutz,

Welcome to the world of Mahara!

It sounds like your Mahara instance is not 'remembering' who you are when going to different places within the system.

One of the first things I'd check is to make sure that browser cookies are being set and that session information is being saved to database.

Cheers

Robert

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 August 2014, 1:36

Dear Robert,

first of all many thanks for your very fast answer that I tried to check for the whole day now, but the problem is still alive.

I reinstalled the complete software, checked the cookies, all is fine everything is accepted without any exception.

The reported php settings (session.entropy_length, post_max_size etc.) were corrected and updated, the problem persists.

But there's is a problem that might belong to that issue: The added language folder is found at the starting page and can be changed to "de", but after login and the first activity this setting is lost. I can handle all the features, create pages, upload and so on, but everytime I'm asked for the repeated login data.

Last time you asked me if the session is written correctly to the database: Maybe, but how and where can I check it? I'm not an expert in reading all the tables...

Again I hope for an idea and best regards from

Lutz

3 results