Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Strange page formatting

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2009, 19:31

Easiest way for me to do this is just paste the query I got.

To: Luke Thompson
Subject: Mahara

Hi Luke - last week I attempted to edit a view in 'Remote Community Schools: Expectations' section called 'Working with students with Otitis Media'. I was able to upload a file, but could not attach it to the view as the formatting on the page went weird - I was unable to see the list of files available as it was pushed off screen. When I looked at this with Larry during his visit we found a solution which was to change the view layout to a single column. Thought I'd report it as others may find this confusing.
 Regards

Steve

To SOAMES Stephen
Subject RE: Mahara

Steve,I’ll submit that to the developers – there are niggling issues that they endeavour to iron out. As Mahara is still essentially a baby, and reliant on community funding for development, they are limited. They just don’t have the resources that something like say, Microsoft does. Can you give me some more detail as to what actually happened? As much info as I can give them will ensure that it does get sorted.  

Regards,

Luke Thompson

--------

Thanks Luke. I'm aware that development is reliant on feedback hence the email, and that open source software is a labour of love. Thanks to the development team for their passion and commitment! I'll describe the issue:
When constructing a view, if three columns are selected as the view layout, a problem emerges when trying to edit the block containing files. I attempted to attach a file to an artefacts block. When I went in through the configure block option, the files available to attach were pushed off the screen. I was also unable to access the more files option (ie couldn't go to page 2 of the available files to upload).

Reconfiguring the layout of the view fixed the problem, but I was still unable to make Mahara go to the other files available through the nxt or page 2 option.

Regards

Steve

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 May 2009, 21:21

Hi - could you please file a bug with this information? Also, a screenshot would be most helpful, if you could get one! Smile
2 results