Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
inviting a user to a group Suggestion

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2009, 12:37

Mahara has been a great product for us so far.  Thanks to all the devs and community!

If it is ok I will just post my findings and suggestions here.  I am not sure of the Etiquette and don't want to be rude in any way, that said here is one of my comments: 

I have a suggestion about inviting a user to a group.  I spent quite some time trying to figure this out and the way it works now seems to not be as intuitive as it could be.  

The first place I would look to invite users to a group I just created would be under the "Members"  tab  I find having to go through "find friends"  then clicking on the friends name, and then clicking on  "send invite"  a few steps too many and counterintuitive.   Could a dialog to invite a user to a group be added to the "members" section of each group?

Account deleted

21 May 2009, 18:19

Hi - feedback of all kinds is appreciated Cool

Yes, you're right this is an area of pain at the moment. As Mahara is an e-portfolio first and social networking system second, we haven't been able to focus on the social networking aspects quite as much as we'd like. So there are some issues like this. Your suggestion certainly makes sense. Other people have suggested the ability to mass add/invite users to groups too.

Account deleted

24 May 2009, 1:05

ok thanks Nigel,    I am glad it is something that is on the Radar  and I understand that the social networking aspect is a secondary feature.     Yes mass invites would also be a great feature and perhaps the ability to import Active Directory or Ldap groups.
3 results