Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
LDAP & user friendly dialogs

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2009, 9:40

I have noticed that all the help dialogs when logging in or resetting  a password are geared towards local users. I would like to edit these texts to suite my ldap users since I will only have 1 local user: admin.

Also I would like to remove the "register"  link on the login page.    How can I do this?

thanks. 

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

21 May 2009, 14:24

Hi J Wink

You will find the string to modify in the /lang directories. If you post the pages or specific strings the community will assist where to look for.

About the second question you will have to modify code. Look in htdocs/auth/lib.php

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

21 May 2009, 17:18

Thanks Heinz, 

If I make these changes, how will this effect future updates of Mahara?  Would I have to make a backup copy of any file I change and revert to the backed up files  before the update/upgrade.

Then after the upgrade add any changes back into the updated files?

Account deleted

21 May 2009, 18:20

Hi - yes, you would have to do exactly that. This problem can be managed by effective use of source control, otherwise you might have to document your changes somewhere and use tools like 'diff' and 'patch' to make the changes in future.
Account deleted

22 May 2009, 0:23

Ok, thanks, Nigel.    Do you have any recommendations for a good source management sytem?
Account deleted

22 May 2009, 1:56

Hi - the Mahara project officially uses 'git' for our version control. The best thing to do is just checkout our source code from git and then continue to use git locally.

There are some docs about this on the wiki  in http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara.  I would recommend a git tutorial too, there are many many many on the internet.

There are quite a few people in the community running Mahara like this and with experience of git, I'm sure many of us will help if you get stuck ;)

6 results