Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
replace.php ?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 May 2009, 14:23

Hi everyone,

We really love mahara and are planning to implement it as part of our "Knowledgebank"

I am having a problem with moving my mahara site. 

In moodle when I have migrated a site I needed to replace the links in the database with my new hostname or ip address.    I have just moved my mahara site to a new domain name and will need to do the same.    In moodle there is a replace.php file which will initiate a "find" and "replace"  dialog in order to do this.   Is there such a feature in mahara? If not what commands can I use with Postgre sql to replace my old links with my new ones?

Thank! 

Account deleted

19 May 2009, 17:35

Hi. Mahara only stores it in one place: the config table, in the 'wwwroot' field. Updating it there should fix everything. If you find any broken links after that, I'd be interested to know about them to see if there's anywhere that is mistakenly writing the wwwroot to the database.

Also - if you're doing moodle networking, you'll need to delete your networking key (which is also in the config table - just delete any field that starts with 'openssl').

Account deleted

21 May 2009, 9:13

Thanks Nigel!  Yes that is the change I made last night while looking through the tables and it worked!   That is alot simpler than Moodle.  Thanks for the moodle networking tip!  
3 results