Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
htdocs folder?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 May 2009, 8:58

Hi all. I'm a Mahara newbie. I work as a middle school technology coordinator and Moodle admin, and I'm really interested in Moodle/Mahara integration.

I set up Moodle on Ubuntu and am now trying to install Mahara. I have set up a Mahara DB in MySQL, and am now trying to "Copy the contents of the htdocs/ directory to your webserver", as per installation instructions. 

Is there an htdocs directory within Mahara? I don't see one. Does the whole Mahara folder go into htdocs?

Thanks in advance,

Bob in Lancaster, PA

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

19 May 2009, 12:22

Hi Bob,

greetings from the Black forest and the maintainer of the German langpack Wink

If you download a mahara package and extraxt it you will find a /htdocs folder in it. The content of the folder including subfolders has to been copied to your webserver.

Feel fre to ask if you find any problems/questions/ideas.

cheers Heinz

Account deleted

19 May 2009, 13:30

Thanks for the reply, Heinz. I used the synaptic package manager in Ubuntu to download and extract Mahara: no htdocs folder. I guess I'll just have to do it the old-fashioned way!

Bob

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

19 May 2009, 14:58

Hi Bob,

my pc works with Ubuntu, but I never tried to download mahara with the synaptic manager. I always use the link in the header area Wink

Heinz

Account deleted

19 May 2009, 17:55

Hi. If you install through ubuntu, you don't need to do most of the stuff that's on the installation instructions, it's done for you. You need to read the README for the package, which is installed into /usr/share/doc/mahara/ I believe.
5 results