Forums | Mahara Community
15 May 2009, 6:13 AM
- what is happening during the installation? only DB setup? coz i have to know if i should work with the installed version on the server or with the raw package...
- what about an uml-diagram or any other figure (asked allready here: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=477) which explains your architecture?
- is it useful to use any ide, are you using some? and if yes... how to import the project? tried zend studio but it fails
- i like modular architecture, but i seems not established yet (http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=402). Would it work to delete the folder and change the installation routine? if not... how to find the dependency? Need to know this coz i tend to slim down mahara even more
17 May 2009, 7:15 PM
Hi Damian - using Mahara for your thesis? Sounds fun . Maybe I should go back to uni, I reckon I could do a pretty decent thesis using Mahara
- During installation, the database is set up, as is the dataroot directory. And all requirements are checked so Mahara knows it can run properly. I'm not quite sure of the gist of your question - if you want Mahara to work it has to be installed.
- We don't have anything yet, sorry - and I'm afraid it may prove a little complicated for beginners to understand at first. But feel free to dive in, and if you have any specific questions then we can help (also by irc)
- IDE - I don't use one myself, in fact none of the core developers do. I just use vim. Richard uses emacs, Penny uses vim. I guess you can use whatever editor/IDE you feel like using.
- In Mahara 1.2 a bunch of plugins will be able to be disabled. For now, I suggest perhaps you don't worry about it, and when Mahara 1.2 comes out you could upgrade to that and disable those plugins.
Good luck with your Mahara adventure
17 May 2009, 11:56 PM
jeah, searched for a thin free open source user management and a social networking platform for my thesis and i chose mahara because i really like the portfolio and view approach... additionally i also need a postgis database and due to your postgres db support i will only need one db
- jepp thanks, found the intallation at lib/upgrade.php but its quite complex
- installed the php_uml package for php (http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_UML/) and created a .xmi for mahara
- hmm, geeks
- ok, when is mid 2009?
18 May 2009, 4:28 PM
Aha, another postgres fan
- The installation instructions for Mahara have the details you need - or are you looking to customise the installation process some how?
- When is mid 2009? About the middle of 2009??? Currently we're pushing for the end of June-ish, but it's still too early to say when 1.2 will be released exactly.
Comments: hehe. Maybe one day you might find the easter egg!