Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
page help translations


Tobias Zeuch's profile picture
Posts: 101

31 January 2014, 3:38 AM

Hi,

I noticed that function has_page_help() in web.php uses fixed 'en.utf8' infix to identify help-files. And when I try to put a help file for a page in a plugin into the lang/??.utf8/help/ folder, it doesn't get displayed but the english version instead. 

Still there is a wiki-page showing how to copy all english help files for translation. Am I missing something or does translation for help files only work for hints that are included with dwoo-function contextualhelp?

Tobias

Son Nguyen's profile picture
Posts: 28

31 January 2014, 8:43 AM

Hi Tobias;

To define a help file for a plugin, we need to create an English version help file (.html) and put it into <plugindir>/lang/en.utf8/help folder.

To have a translation of this help file, we need to use Launchpad translation tool since 2011 (launchpad.net/mahara-lang). You will get your language version of the help file after install the updated langpack.

Cheers,

Son

Tobias Zeuch's profile picture
Posts: 101

31 January 2014, 10:10 PM

Hi Son,

thanks for your reply. I didn't know about the translation progress. Also I see now where I failed to understand. In has_page_help, where the fixed language string is used, only the existence of the english help file is checked but the link is finally created using the contextualHelp javaScript function, where the existence of the translated strings is checked for. 

I don't know why it didn't show up yesterday but now it works fine loading the translated help from the plugin folder. 

Cheers,

Tobias

 

3 results