Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Xmlrpc

12 May 2009, 20:17

Ok first time doing this. I just installed moodle the other day and everything worked fine after i figured out 1and1 needs to have some special things done for the php.ini file. So i went and installed Mahara and everything went good after i put the php.ini and htaccess files in. The problem i am having is when i go to network them together moodle shows up with the public key just fine. But when i go over to Mahara i get the following error:

Sorry, you cannot configure Mahara networking because your PHP installation is missing one or more required extensions:

I have checked with 1and1 to turn that extension on and they said my package doesnt support .dll files which i sent one back saying that this wasnt some 3rd party dll since it has been in since PHP4.  

Any information would be greatly appericated.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 May 2009, 22:39

Most PHP extensions are done as libraries (.dll on windows, .so on unix). Even if xmlrpc is bundled with PHP as you get it from php.net, there's no reason why a particular host might not have compiled and installed that module.

So I think you would have to find a new host, or upgrade to a plan that allowed you to have a PHP with xmlrpc.

Basically, they're doing what all free hosts do - provide you with limited functionality in the hope you'll upgrade Wink.

2 results