Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Custom themes break upgrading from 1.0 to 1.x

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 May 2009, 1:54

Hi,

We developed a theme on version 1.0 and when we try and use the same theme for 1.1 or 1.2 and I presume any future 1.x releases it seems to break it in that it no longer looks quite right.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it something in the way we are developing the themes?

Thanks for the assistance!

Rebecca

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

08 May 2009, 2:51

Hi Rebecca,

theme files changed a little bit in Mahara 1.1, especially ni the header.tpl and footer.tpl files.

During the upgrade Nigel recommends to change theme to default theme.  Check the above mentined files to find different stuff. I think it is best to copy default theme and modify these files for you own theme.

Greetings from Black Forest

Heinz

Account deleted

10 May 2009, 18:33

Hi - yes, there are incompatibilities between Mahara 1.0 and 1.1 themes. There will be incompatibilities between 1.1 and 1.2 as well, by the way.

The best thing you can do is make sure your theme inherits from the default theme - do you know if this is the case? I would actually advise against just copying all of the templates, as you'll cause many more headaches when you upgrade to the next major version of Mahara (e.g. if we change a template you'll have to find that and apply the changes to your theme, else you risk introducing bugs).

11 May 2009, 11:33

I would be curious to see how you've customized the theme of Mahara. You can have a link? Thank you.
Account deleted

11 May 2009, 18:39

Hi - are you talking about seeing examples of customised themes, or instructions on how to do it?

mahara.org is a Mahara with customised theme. myportfolio.ac.nz and myportfolio.school.nz are also.

5 results