Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
TeacherTube Embed problems

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 May 2009, 0:03

Hi Mahara enthusiasts,

My students are attempting to embed teacher tube videos in Mahara views and profiles without any success—any ideas?

Best,

Scot.

Account deleted

07 May 2009, 1:03

Hi - how are they trying to do it? Through the embedded media block, or by pasting HTML into text boxes?

Also, what version of Mahara are you using?

Account deleted

07 May 2009, 2:06

Hi Nigel,

Through the external embedded media block and I'm not sure of the version--it is hosted by NetSpot in Australia.

Best,

Scot.

Account deleted

07 May 2009, 3:06

Ok. Could you please try to find that out? In the meantime, can you give us some examples of what people are doing to try and get the videos to show (e.g. what they are putting in the block configuration)? I can have a go with Mahara 1.1.
Account deleted

07 May 2009, 21:39

See:  http://cqu-mahara.netspot.com.au/view/view.php?t=9LZCtkSIvRAr8EqbRyDe

for a view with Teacher tube external video inserted.

NetSpot are running Mahara 1.1.2

Best,

Scot.

Account deleted

10 May 2009, 18:27

Hi, yes that looks broken. Can you please paste what value the user put in the block configuration for what movie to embed?
Account deleted
Account deleted

11 May 2009, 16:06

Hi Nigel,

I think I am running Mahara 1.1 and I am also having problems with TeacherTube. I pasted a URL in the embed section and those views just kept trying to load it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Heather

Account deleted

11 May 2009, 18:48

I'm not sure if they changed the format of the urls, or whether we've just never seen urls of that format before, but I managed to fix it in the externalvideo block.  I'll apply the fix for the next release, but if you need to fix it urgently on your site let me know and I'll paste the patch here, it's just a matter of adding 4 new lines in one .php file.

Account deleted

11 May 2009, 22:40

Hi Richard,

Would it be possible to get a copy of the patch? We're looking after Scot's Mahara implementation and would like to get this feature running for him before the next release. Any help appreciated :)

Mark.

12 results