Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Lost 'file upload' and 'create folder' buttons

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 May 2009, 9:49

Hello!

We are new to Mahara and are testing it for use on our campus this coming fall. We have the software downloaded and I have created folders, uploaded files, and created views. On Thursday our site administrator was resetting the max portfolio size limit from 10mg to 25mg. After that all users lost the 'Create Folder" and "File Upload" buttons in the "My Files" area. My files and folders are also not viewable. They are still accessible from the two 'views' I created. I've had two more people create accounts, and the buttons are missing all around.

We have gone through all the options in the site administration panel and cannot see what we've inadvertantly done to lose the buttons. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Account deleted

05 May 2009, 16:33

Hi Lisa,

It most likely has nothing to do with the increased size limit.  Those buttons are created by javascript so there must be some problem on your site which is causing the js to fail to execute. Did the administrator make any other changes to the mahara files?

Account deleted

05 May 2009, 18:56

Also - is your site available publicly? If so, we could get a log in and have a click around to try and diagnose the problem.
Account deleted

06 May 2009, 9:38

Hi Nigel,

No the site is not public - we have it authenticating with our LDAP server, so only users with Novell Network accounts can access the software. I could share a dummy account I use, but it has only the rights of a student (no system admin) if that would be helpful?

Lisa

Account deleted

06 May 2009, 17:10

Yes, that would be enough to get in and look at the files section Smile
Account deleted

13 May 2009, 9:55

Sorry about the delay - I had troubles logging into Mahara.org. Thanks for resetting my password here.

We still have not figured out why the File Upload and Create Folder buttons are gone. Also, perhaps this is related - we are not able to create Blog postings. All of the tools are there, I can create a blog, I can click to create a post, and I can type a subject and a post, but nothing happens if I click "publish post" or try to format within the text box. I assume this is something we have not set correctly on the server. This function did not work PRIOR to the buttons disappearing, however.

You can log in as a student using my testing account. The URL is eports.coe.edu, usename is testlisa and the password is newstudent

Thanks so much for any insight you might have! 

Account deleted

13 May 2009, 15:30

Hi - I just had a click around, and it works fine for me. Have a look in the testlisa account, I was able to upload files and post blogs.

I wonder if the issue is Javascript related? What browser are you using? What happens if you change to a different browser?

Account deleted

06 May 2009, 9:37

Thanks for the fast replies. The admin does not think he changed anything else, and had gone through the admin panel line by line looking for anything that might indicate where we may have inadvertantly changed something.

Since we are still just testing, we were thinking we might have to dump the software from the server, and reload it? 

8 results