Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Lightbox2 / Thickbox, etc ?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 May 2009, 3:07

Hi and Hello!

First - my English is very bad, but I hope you can understand me :)

I've postet in the German Support Forum my Question but I think it's a good question for all users. I'm searching for an lightbox or thickbox plugin for Mahara. 

Where can I find it or how can I implement it?

Greetz Björn

Account deleted

05 May 2009, 4:24

Hi - there's no plugin, at least that I know of.

How did you imagine it working inside Mahara? e.g. where would you see the lightbox?

Account deleted

05 May 2009, 4:38

Mhh ... ok!

I think the Lightbox where great by viewing Pictures - Because now the Picture is shown in the same Window where the Page is shown and you leave the Page ...

In the German Social Network MeinVZ is something like the Lightbox used to Write Messages. I think it's be a great Feature. 

MeinVZ Nachrichten schreiben

You can use the Lightbox to show other Pages or Content like PDF's. I think that's not good, but those Documents must Shown in a new Window ...

Account deleted

05 May 2009, 17:58

I see what you mean. We do use this effect in some parts of Mahara (e.g. when configuring blocks on a view page), but we haven't done it pervasively throughout the system. It's something that we should probably do over time though.
Account deleted

06 May 2009, 1:33

Ok! Do you think in the 1.2 mahara Pictures open with that effect and Documents open in a new Window? I think that this Feature would be great and I hope it's not so much work.

But when not, Do you have an Idea how I could built in that Feature?

Account deleted

06 May 2009, 5:41

Hi - it's not on the list of things to do for Mahara 1.2, no. You would probably be best filing a feature request, so we can schedule it for some time.

It probably wouldn't be hard to do, at least. You would need to add some lightbox plugin to Mahara in the js/ directory, arrange for it to be hooked in on the pages you wanted it (look at the smarty() function signature for information on this), and then find the appropriate place to add javascript to rewrite the links you wanted. All up, it probably isn't that hard a job, but it might take some time while you learn about the system.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask as we can provide answers for those Smile

Account deleted

06 May 2009, 9:47

Hi!

Mhh Ok, I think I start a feature request :) I don't want modify the System because I have do the changes when a new Version from Mahara released - so I think ii should be a Feature in Mahara :) - Or did I understand you wrong and you mean only changes with the theme? 

When it's only a Theme-Thing so I need Help too, because I have no Idea wich Files needed to be modified ... 

Woho my English ;)

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

06 May 2009, 10:36

Hallo Björn,

the request you mention is not only a thing of theme changes. As Nigel mentioned it is not a little thing to integrate the lightbox stuff into mahara. Funding will speed up things Wink

Heinz

Account deleted

06 May 2009, 10:59

Hello Heinz,

I now that funding ist a thing to speed up things:) But you need money - and that's my problem - no money no funding - and no speed :( I think 5€ oder 10€ wouldn't help?

But when I can help, then I want help :) 

Greetz bOOt

Account deleted

08 May 2009, 5:53

Hello again :)

I've built in my Template the ThickBox. Now I'm searching in artfact/file where the Link is generated because I wan't to make a ThickBox when I klick an image ....

Can someone help me?

Greetz

13 results