Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Plugin Developer Docs

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 April 2009, 4:12

Hi folks, could anybody point me towards some developer docs for creating plugins? In particular I would like to learn more about creating an artefcat plugin.

I have been playing around with some code for a while that pulls a students end of term results data from an MIS system (currently SIMS) and then displays it nicely for students as graphs. These make nice building blocks for views where they can comment on their progress etc.

Now my original experiments tried to create this as a blocktype and pulled the data in from Moodle. I am now wondering whether I should skip Moodle and just focus on Mahara and pull the data straight into Mahara. I'm assuming this would mean I am creating a new artefact?

Any developer docs or resources I could be pointed to would help greatly,

dan :-) 

Account deleted

30 April 2009, 6:14

Arggg, I just wrote a whole long post to you about this and then vimperator ATE IT  so instead I'm going to write it up in the wiki.  I'll get back to you as soon as I write something up.
Account deleted

30 April 2009, 6:58

Here's a quick brain dump while doing five other things at once :

http://wiki.mahara.org/index.php?title=Developer_Area/Core_Subsystems/Artefact_Plugins_%2F%2F_Artefact_Types

There are a few things that aren't covered - please ask for more help here (or on irc) and update the docs as much as you need when you find something missing.

Account deleted

30 April 2009, 8:24

Brilliant ! Thanks a lot :-)

I'm sure I will be posting here again when i get stuck lol

dan 

4 results