Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade from 1.0 beta 3 to new

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 April 2009, 11:56

Hi all,

I am upgrading from version 1.0.0 beta 3 to mahara-1.0.10.zip - Result was fine;

I tried after do upgrade to mahara-1.0.11.zip - Result was fine;

When I tried do upgrade to mahara-1.1.0.zip - I receive a message of problem:

Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

I need help to upgrade to mahara-1.1.3.zip and I had tried do upgrade version by version but I found a error.

If I copy the previous version  mahara-1.0.11.zip or the beta 3 version, the mahara web works fine.

Some idea what I did wrong? 

Thanks,

John Mendes 

Account deleted

29 April 2009, 17:27

Hi John,

There were some upgrade bugs in version 1.1.0, and that's the main reason we released 1.1.1 soon after.  You should go straight from 1.0.x to 1.1.3, and miss out anything in between.

And maybe we should remove 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 from the download page; there should be no reason for people to use those releases now.

R

Account deleted

30 April 2009, 3:22

Hi,

I am receiving the same error trying upgrade to the version 1.1.3

Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

Could I am doing something wrong?

John 

Account deleted

30 April 2009, 6:15

Hi John,

When you get that error message in Mahara, it means an error happenied - not your fault ! ;)

Mahara almost certainly spews a bunch of stuff to the Apache error log in this case, can you check this? Make sure you have log_errors on in your php.ini if nothing shows up there.

Account deleted

30 April 2009, 10:15

Hi,

I have sent to your email with the log.

thanks.

John 

5 results