Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Moodle/Mahara with Windows

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 April 2009, 5:19

Has anyone got Moodle networking with Mahara on Windows??? AND there are NO problems with it?

Seems to be a lot of talk about Mahara not fully supporting Windows etc. It does seem to work but the Networking may be a different story???

Networking in general between Moodles has caused lots of problems also!!!

Anyone got this working ?? Or can shed any light on why it doesn't??

Thanks for your help! smile

Karl

Account deleted

27 April 2009, 17:15

Hi - it's true that the Mahara development team doesn't officially support windows, but we also try not to do anything that will intentionally break it too Wink

The most common problem I've seen (anecdotally) for windows users is not having the openssl PHP module set up properly - usually due to a missing openssl.cnf. I know nothing more about this (neither what the file should contain or where it should go), but google has answers I believe.

Other people have various problems relating to stupid include paths being set by the various automated PHP/MySQL installers like WAMP.

Account deleted

28 April 2009, 3:47

Hi Nigel,

Thanks, though the openssl seems to be fine. I have come across that in other installations though and I think simply declaring the location of the conf file in some file in the mnet folder (lib.php perhaps) does the trick (with Moodle) but didn't seem to have any effect on Mahara, it still would not network... I just get:

Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

Usually upgrading solves this but it's the latest version already (not the new beta though i may just try it and see)... if i get it solved i'll post back ;-)

Cheers

Account deleted

28 April 2009, 17:27

Hi - every time you see that error, you'll get a backtrace in the apache error log. You should check that to find out more about the problem, it will give you hints to solve it, or at least something you can post on the bug tracker that we can debug for you.
Account deleted

06 August 2009, 3:46

Hi Nigel,

Sorry about the delay with this! Only getting back to it now!! But here is the Apache error message I'm getting:

AuthXmlrpc->request_user_authorise("ce7dca70dbb23367f203ea71ede99e74baeebe44", "http://www.moodle.xxxxxx.ac.uk") at C:\\moodle\\server\\moodle\\mahara\\auth\\xmlrpc\\land.php:95, referer: http://www.moodle.xxxxxx.ac.uk/

[Thu Aug 06 09:13:59 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] , referer: http://www.moodle.xxxxxx.ac.uk/

I can log into Mahara and network into Moodle for some reason but not the other way around! I've checked all settings, the obvious ones but everything is correct! Any ideas on this one??

Many Thanks!

K

Account deleted

06 August 2009, 18:22

Hi - that's not the whole backtrace, there should be a bunch more lines than that. Are you able to see if there are more lines in the log?
6 results