Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Creating new porfolio after for user X after each of it's logins

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 April 2009, 5:06

Problem: undesired multiple portafolios per user.

While making some explorations over our Mahara/Moodle integration, I've discovered that I was getting a new portfolio for each login I've made. The algorithm to produce this situation is the following:

// Let's say you are Ana Smith and that your username is 'Ana'

1) Login Moodle

2) Follow Mahara link from block

// At this point Ana Smith is identified as 'Ana' in Mahara. That's ok.   

3) Logout Mahara

4) Login Moodle, again.

5) Follow Mahara link from block 

// And... voilà! now Ana Smith is identified as 'Ana1' in Mahara. That's not ok.
// Furthermore, you can repeate this algorithm, let's say 7 times,
// in order to see 'Ana' 'Ana1', 'Ana2', ..., 'Ana6' as online users.

About the possible reason & solution

It turned out that replacing Ana's username for a lowercase username, such as 'ana' (instead of 'Ana'), was enough to avoid the problem. Why? Maybe because in our Mahara/Moodle integration, lowercase usernames was requierd for new Mahara's user accounts but not for new Moodle's user accounts (for instance, Ana Smith was properly registered as 'Ana' in Moodle).

Account deleted

27 April 2009, 6:56

Hello Arturo,

The way I have set up the integration Moodle-Mahara is by using Advance SSO with a LDAP server as a parent authority. 

At the moment, we haven't had problems of duplication of users, althought I can only use 1 parent authority for this, when our staff is authenticated in Moodle by using a IMAP server.

Regards

Aaricia/Mari

Account deleted

27 April 2009, 17:17

Hi - that sounds like it might be a bug. Are you able to file this on the tracker? It's the best way for us to keep track of all bugs so it doesn't get "lost" Smile
Account deleted
Account deleted

28 April 2009, 5:39

Hi. I have a problem with users very closed to this one. I've connected 2 moodle and 1 mahara. I've noticed that users have one authentication method associated, so if i try to access from both moodle i get 2 different users in mahara. Though both moodle have their users separatly, we use cas authentication to say moodle that equal usernames are the same people. I've tried several things as creating one institution with 2 xmlrpc authentications, 2 institutions with 1 authentication per moodle, users in several authentications. Any idea? I would like to use SSO as xmlrpc uses. Thank you!
Account deleted
6 results