Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Trouble installing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 May 2013, 3:09

Hello,

I tried to search for this in the forum, but wasn't able to find the answer I'm looking for. I am a newbie to installing Mahara. when I tried to install Mahara, I get this message:

"Your server configuration does not include the pgsql extension. Mahara requires this in order to store data in a relational database. Please make sure that it is loaded in php.ini or install it if it is not installed."

Here are the steps I took:

I set up a database using the cPanel.

I copied a the config-dist.php file and called it config.php. In this file, I added the db name, user name and password

I was not able to find the php.in file via ftp, but was able to find it on the cPanel. i adjusted all the settings.

I used a browser and typed in: "mastersonconnect.com" and received the above error. What am I missing?

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

08 May 2013, 4:23

Please check your config.php file for the following line:

$cfg->dbtype = 'xxxxx';

The xxxxx part should be either mysql5 or postgres8.

I assume that it is set to postgres8 and that you don't have PostgreSQL database installed on your server. (I assume that from the above error message...)

If you have MySQL database installed on your server than change the xxxxx value to mysql5 and that should do it.

HTH, Gregor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 May 2013, 7:10

Thank you for getting back to me with the answer - that part worked. Now I have another problem and i think I'm missing something here also.

On the root directory, these are the directories I have:
maharadatapublic_html

I have Mahara's files loaded to public_html.

In the config.php file, I have $cfg->dataroot = '/home/user/maharadata'; but I have also tried $cfg->dataroot = '/maharadata';

I have changed the permission to the maharadata folder to 777.

Now I get this error:

"Your defined data root directory, /home/user/maharadata/, is not writable. This means that neither session data, user files nor anything else that needs to be uploaded can be saved on your server. Please make the directory if it does not exist or give ownership of the directory to the web server user if it does."

What am I doing wrong?

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

08 May 2013, 16:15

It look to me that you are expecting one thing, but doing something else...

In the config.php the setting $cfg->dataroot contains the absolute path - it means th whole path from the root up. So, your setting

$cfg->dataroot = '/home/user/maharadata';

would mean, that you have folder maharadata inside folder user, which is inside folder home. The folder home is subfolder of root. And you have to set permissions to 0777 for maharadata folder...

HTH, Gregor

4 results