Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Logged in Links & Resources

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 April 2009, 10:24

When logged in as Admin I am trying to retrieve and change logged on links & Resources I receive an error message "failed to load items"

We do have these items so any ideas would be welcomed

Many Thanks

Jen

Account deleted

23 April 2009, 18:39

Hi - there might be information in the apache error log about this - are you able to check that and see if there are any helpful messages/backtraces?

Also, what OS are you using, version of Mahara etc.?

Account deleted

24 April 2009, 3:36

Hello,

I just wondering if you only get that message when you try to upload resources in that area, or in general when you try to upload any file or create a view. In that case, it may be a problem of permissions in the Mahara data directory.

Regards

Account deleted

24 April 2009, 3:57

Hi

I get when I'm trying to edit the resource it doesn't load it for me to edit.  Unfortunately I have checked permissions and they are as they should be.

thanks

Jen

Account deleted

24 April 2009, 3:51

Hi

Our os is Ubuntu 8.04 and Mahara 1.0.4, we use postgresql 8.3 and php 5.5.  I have checked the apache log and nothing interesting in there :(

thanks

Account deleted

24 April 2009, 4:36

Hi Jen!

Can you check your php.ini to make sure that log_errors is set to on ?  Sometimes that's off by default and could explain why there's nothing in your error log.

Account deleted

24 April 2009, 4:57

Hi Penny

thanks for that, you were right it was set off, its now on and apache2 has been restarted, so I'll check the log again.

cheers

Jen

Account deleted

04 October 2011, 4:06

Hi folks

I have the same problem on mahara 1.4.0. can you tell me what is the solution?

Thank you!

cheers

François Marier's profile picture

04 October 2011, 18:15

Do you have any extra information like errors in your web server logs?

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

07 October 2011, 3:50

Hi Francois

We've found the problem.

It's a problem how the menus are created. We could reproduce this bug.

1. create a menu item (no matter if it is in "public links and resources" or "Logged in Link and resources" as an external link
2. Update this menu item and change type to "site file"
3. Select the menu just edited and you will get the failure

We watched to the database and checked the tables site_menu.

After step 1 we get the table entry:
 id |                         title                         | file  |                              url                               | displayorder | public
----+-------------------------------------------------------+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+--------
 48 | test-entry                                            |       | www.google.ch                                                  |           21 |      0

After step 2 we get the table entry:
 id |                         title                         | file  |                              url                               | displayorder | public
----+-------------------------------------------------------+-------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+--------
 48 | test-entry                                            | 70054 | www.google.ch                                                  |           21 |      0

If we correct the entry with the following sql-statement, everything works ok:
UPDATE site_menu SET url=NULL WHERE id=48;

@mahara-team: please repair this bug in the following versions of mahara.

Cheers

12 results