Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Access denied on File uploaded

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 June 2009, 6:33

Nigel,

the problem is solved. I had make a mistake. MEA CULPA

in $cfg->dataroot variable I used symbolic link as path, that was the problem.
I changed for true path and the problem disappears.

Thanks

Account deleted

19 June 2009, 7:18

Hello,

We had the same problem with windows , the solution is to take into account that the letter of the path must be in capital and the slashes must be  \

Account deleted

19 June 2009, 11:12

Yes David,

but curiously the problem only occurs when you are downloading a file, not when you uploading a file.

Regards

Account deleted

21 June 2009, 19:00

Interesting discovery guys, it sounds like something we could possibly make more obvious. I did some more investigation, and have filed a bug with my findings.
Account deleted

20 June 2009, 2:30

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the fix in 1.1.  After upgraded from 1.0.9 to 1.1.14, I cannot "replicate" the problem I posted before.  However, the Access Denied problem is still in the old views (created by 1.0.9.).  Luckly, that's not a problem now because already end of term. 

I will post back here if I find the same problem. (hopefully not! Tongue out)

Regards,
Wilson.

Account deleted

15 December 2009, 16:22

Hi,

I'm actually experiencing a very similar problem since we migrated to a new server. We are running Mahara version 1.1.3. Users can upload files, but they can't download their files once in Mahara.  In fact, the teachers can't download the student files either. The error message we get is "Access Denied. You do not have access to view this page". Any ideas? I tried to follow the response to this post and while I have access to the server, I'm an instructional technologist not a systems and network admin, so I want to be sure I'm accessing the proper files before I make a change. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Lauren
26 results