Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Access denied on File uploaded

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 April 2009, 8:35

Hi all, we just finished the Mahara 1.1 installation. I have created a folder in MyPortfolio (MyFiles) and successfully uploaded several files (pdf, doc and ppt). I just wanted to acces the uploaded files but I got an access denied- Why .. since I an the owner of the files. Or do I have to create a view to open the files ?

Sorry for my "Beginner" question but we are all fairly new to Mahara.

Regards from Switzerland

Al

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

21 April 2009, 9:28

Grüezi Al,

feel free to ask any questions about Mahara. You will notice that the community tries to find a solution. Please take care that the core developers work in our european nights (timeshift to NZ Cool

I am the maintainer of th eGerman langpack ;-)

The user of a portfolio has always the rights to work with his files in the"My Portfolio" area. you should see them in "My files" and thesubfolder you mentioned in your posting?

If you want that other users should see/open/download these files you have to create a view and insert a block to handle this file stuff (tab "Files, images and video")

With the option "Edit View access"  you can manage who is allowed to look at your view.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you need more details. You will find German tutorials at http://ewiesion.com/wiki

Feel free to join the "Deutschsprachiges Mahara" group

cheers Heinz

Account deleted

21 April 2009, 12:05

Hallo Heinz,

many thanks for your reply, yes I see the files, the problem is if I click on them (trying to open the files..) I got the access denied violation .. Apart of that , its a great and very complete SW package .

Yes I will join the german Mahara Group, thanks for your help

Regards Al

Account deleted

21 April 2009, 12:08

Hi Al!

You should not have to create a view to look at your own files. Can you paste the exact error message? And also which version of Mahara you're using.  If you have access to the webserver logs, and can look in the error log there for more information , that would greatly help.

Greetings also from Switzerland (Fribourg) :)

Penny

Account deleted

29 April 2009, 22:13

Hello,

I am using 1.0.9 on Ubuntu. I experienced two "Access Denied The artefact XXXX is not in this XXX view," when viewing the View.  1) Download as Folder and 2) Blog post.  I tried login as the students, I drag out the files from the directory under "My Files", then drag those back.  The download works from the View, so strange! I have 700 students, I don't want to do it one by one, any thoughts?  And the 2nd problem, I log in as the student, I can see the post under the "My Blogs", but "Access Denied" from the View again!

I can't find any notes on bug fixes in newer version, so I don't want take any risk now to upgrade if that is not so sure because at the end of the semester, teachers are viewing students' view.  Indeed, it doesn't happen to all of the students, just some of them.  Do you think that's the "folder" problems inside "My Files?"

Please help!~

Regards,

Wilson.

Account deleted

29 April 2009, 23:05

Hi - have you set up the cron job, and are you sure that it's working?
Account deleted

30 April 2009, 1:49

Hi Nigel,

Yes, cron job is working.  I can see my external RSS feed is updated automatically.  I also manually execute the cron, but there is no different.  I still get something like this.

Access Denied

You do not have access to view this page

Artefact 19156 not in View 7

That's my own jpg in "My File" > Folder "images"

Wilson.

Account deleted

30 April 2009, 18:10

Hi - that's very strange. I don't think a future version will fix your problem because I don't recall us ever having any problems there.

Is your site available publicly, somewhere I might be able to have a look at it? Or even better, get database access to it?

Account deleted

03 May 2009, 23:56

Thanks Nigel!! Since the production server is very busy and I would like to "duplicate" everything over to a temporary server for you to take a look the database and all sort of stuff.  How can I personal message to you?

Wilson.

Account deleted

04 May 2009, 18:24

Hi - you can send me a message through mahara.org if you view my profile.
26 results