Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Do we have a Mahara Assignment Plugin for Moodle 2.3 / Mahara 1.6.3 ?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

05 March 2013, 16:24

Thanks Julian 

Just the detail I lacked to do that - deleted the folders in assignment/type which stopped Moodle working.

Great.  One thought: could you just remove those items from the list without removing the code folders?  Otherwise presumably they will re-appear when you next upgrade.

Richard

Account deleted

05 March 2013, 23:29

Greetings once again, 

I need help onces again. Thanks "julian" I was able to delete assignment types from           /mod/assignment/type but I didn't delete the extra plugin for mahara. 

I still haven't got anything proper when I go to "Add an activity or resource" and what I can see is just [[typemahara]]. And if I select and click I just get forwarded to this link but nothing seems to happen.

http://10.66.254.210/moodle/course/modedit.php?add=assignment&type=mahara&course=10&section=0&return=0&sr=0 

Do you think I need to try to remove mahara extra plugin and try to install it again. 

Account deleted

07 March 2013, 3:38

Greetings, 

Could anyone please help me. I am sure most of you must have done it. If you could please spare some time and help me out here. Just been waiting whole day for someone to reply.

Thanks

Account deleted

04 April 2013, 0:12

I have finally solved it and it works with almost any version.

Anyway I was hoping for replies and help though no-one cared.

Though thanks to everyone who helped. 

Goodbye

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

07 September 2013, 4:10

The version of Mahara assignment plugin for Moodle 2.3+ is available at: https://github.com/lucisgit/assignsubmission_mahara

Account deleted

19 September 2013, 1:58

Hi Ruslan,

Hope you're well.

Thanks for this. I've had it installed in our test version of Moodle, but I'm not seeing any option to submit Mahara pages once it is set up. Perhaps I'm missing something? I don't have access to the Moodle server so I can't see the logs.

Moodle -> Mahara SSO is working.

Publish and Subscribe are both ticked under Assign Submission Mahara services in the Services tab in Moodle -> Networking -> Peers -> Mahara server.

I create an assignment, choosing Mahara portfolio? = YES.

However, when I try to submit to the assignment, there is nothing there except the default file upload option.

Best wishes,

Mike

Account deleted

19 September 2013, 4:09

hi Mike, 

when you try to submit to the mahara assignment you need to be logged into moodle as a student on the course. The submission process then shows you all your mahara pages (so you need some test ones ready) and you click the submit button next to your chosen page. It works well in our mahoodle but I would like it give an option of generating a submission confirmaiton by email too.

Hope that helps,

Teresa

Account deleted

19 September 2013, 22:47

Thanks Teresa,

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work here either, I get the same result. I was trying 'Switch your role' in the past, but this time I created a dedicated student account, and that didn't work either.

I'll set it up on a local test version where I can look behind the scenes to have a look at what's going wrong.

Best wishes,

Mike

Account deleted

10 October 2013, 22:45

I got a chance to test this... The plugin does not work with versions of Moodle prior to Tag release 2.3.4

Also if using with with 2.3.x it looks like you should use the most recent version of the plugin to get all the most recent updates and fixes, but revert the 'Fix element disabling on settings page.' commit in the Master branch, which is for later versions of Moodle and doesn't work with Moodle 2.3.x

Best wishes,

Mike

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

24 October 2013, 23:52

Hi Mike, There is a separate branch for 2.3. Master will not work with 2.3 correctly.