Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Site statistics

Wullie's profile picture

25 January 2013, 2:30

At the moment, the site statistics page shows the user with the largest amount of space used.

Is there any way that I can see a top ten list of all users? Or even a list which shows how much space each user has used (in order preferably)?

This would allow me to determine a) which users may need more space allocated in the near future and b) which users/courses/default settings I can reduce the space for.

Thanks in advance

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 February 2013, 18:16

Hi Wullie,

I don't believe this is possible at the moment, not through the statistics page anyway.

The following query can be run against the database, which should give you an idea:

select id, username, quota, quotaused, (quota - quotaused) as quotaleft from usr order by quotaleft asc;

So you could for example have a cron job that runs:

psql mahara-dev -c "select id, username, quota, quotaused, (quota - quotaused) as quotaleft from usr order by quotaleft asc;"

Which would email you the output.

Hope this helps,
Melissa

Wullie's profile picture

19 February 2013, 5:37

Melissa,

It does, very much. I think it would be useful to include a report of those within a certain limit (say 10% of max) appearing. Kind of like a warning system.

Digging around the code a tiny bit, I see that the stats page points to a user_statistics function, but I can't seem to find that function to see what's called from where (and if I can include that report in too).

Any suggestions?

I might also suggest this report/warning as a feature request.

Thanks

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 February 2013, 10:41

Hi Wullie,

As best I can remember, the statistics stuff has been funded work, which usually means the end result only does what the funder asks for and no more.

I'm not aware of any immediate plans to add more statistics, but please do open a wishlist bug on Launchpad with all the statistics you feel are important but missing. We may get around to parts of it for 1.8, depending how our priorities get set.

Thanks,
Melissa.

4 results