Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Rename Students to designers

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 December 2012, 18:10

I went into that path and deleted the original site-logo.png file with my own site-logo.png file and nothing happens. I have replaced it in the theme/raw/static/images folder as well as in each images folder in each theme.

Nothing works. I try deleting the file and that still shows the Mahara logo. I check the path with firebug in Firefox and it tells me theme/raw/static/images/site-logo.png

So I am definitely in the right path, but for whatever reason, the logo is not changing.

Account deleted

19 December 2012, 20:28

Hi Jeremy,

You might need to clear the dwoo cache from the data folder. go into <dataroot>/dwoo/compile/ and remove all the folders in there. Then go into <dataroot>/dwoo/cache/ and clear all the folders in that.

This will force the templating engine to rebuild everything. The cache will expire eventually, but not quickly.

Thanks,
Melissa.

Account deleted

20 December 2012, 7:51

I have removed the folder (default) out of /dataroot/dwoo/cache and compile and still yeilds the same results. The Mahara site-logo.png file has been deleted from all of the theme folders but still exists on the page.

Very strange. I know it's not in cache on my computer as I am currently on my laptop working on the site. Yesterday, I was on my desktop working on the site.

I am going to look around some more and see if I can figure it out.

Account deleted

27 December 2012, 11:29

I am still not having luck changing the logo. Also, the dwoo folders still do not have anything in them since I deleted the contents of the cache and compile folders. Nothing ever rebuilt. Its strange because I had deleted all the site-logo.png files from all of the theme/themename/static/images folders and it still appears.

Its like as if the image is being pulled from elsewhere but I have right clicked on the image numerous times and found the path and removed the image file. I have also replaced it with my logo as well.

Has me at a stand still.

Account deleted

27 December 2012, 15:31

Hi Jeremy,

Perhaps there is some extremely aggressive caching happening in your office's network which Mahara has no control over. You would need to talk to the network administrators to sort it out.

Though, if dwoo isn't re-creating at least the cache and compile folders for your current theme, then my instincts say you might not be editing the same files that the server is serving up. Try moving the init.php file to elsewhere and reload the site; it should display a white screen and put errors in your error log file instead. It can't load the site if the browser is being served the same files that you're editing, so if it's still showing the site then something between your browser and the server is playing tricks. (remember to move the init.php file back after the experiment)

This is quite puzzling indeed.

Hope you have a good new year regardless.

-Melissa

Account deleted

28 December 2012, 5:32

It is being hosted on Godady servers. I removed the init.php file but the site still loaded. I am not sure what could be going on. I do know that i am able to change to different themes but the image stays the same even though I deleted all of the site-logo.png files in all theme folders.

Seems like the site still functions fully even after deleting the init file. I placed it back in the root after testing.

Account deleted

28 December 2012, 12:48

Hi Jeremy,

How are you editing these files? Directly on the server? with ftp or via ssh?

Thanks,
Melissa

Account deleted

28 December 2012, 14:44

I have deleted the files through ssh session directly on the server. Typically I use FTP.

Account deleted

28 December 2012, 7:37

By the way, no errors in the server error logs either.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

28 December 2012, 16:01

...just an idea...could you not define a new logo to let's say 'site-logo-new.png' (I think you do that in in /lib/web.php on line 873) upload the new logo into the same directory as the old one and see what happens?