Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 1.6.2, Moodle 2.3.3 +Mnet

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 December 2012, 18:54

It looks like I solved the issue. Debian is not a good keeper of time. The clocks where so out that Mnet spat the dummy.  The other thing I did was do a fresh install using aptitude, it fixed up some of the paths ...

Have a good Christmas and New Year

John

Account deleted

18 December 2012, 19:39

Hi John,

Your debian server may not have the network time protocol (NTP) set up by default. The following link has some instructions:

http://www.debianadmin.com/keeping-your-system-clock-current-automatically-via-network-time-protocol-ntp.html#more-248

If that doesn't work, then it could be a NAT issue, and your institution may have an internal NTP server somewhere.

Happy holidays to you too!

-Melissa

Account deleted

18 December 2012, 22:22

Thanks Melissa,

I did a brute force and used ntpdate in a cron job. Sometime a big hammer works best.

Now that is working, I need to turn off local registration on Mahara, I will let Moodle handle that, basically because learners can set there TZ and have Moodle calendar work correctly, our usual students are spread across 8 time zones.

I did notice that if you Mnet from Mahara to Moodle then Moodle would not disclose the portfolio export. Another quirk, and if I may say another reason to retire Mnet in favour of a more featured SSO.

Cheers
John

A post by Account deleted was deleted

14 results