Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Emails to <[email protected]>

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 April 2009, 5:52

I 've just installed Mahara and see in my sendmail logs undelivered emails sent to <[email protected]> once an hour.

I cannot find where to change this setting. I can only find this email address used in lib/upgrade.php. I have looked at the database contents but cannot find this email address anywhere except in a table that appears to be used for sent mail.

How can I change <[email protected]> to something more useful please?

Thanks in advance

Clive 

Account deleted

13 April 2009, 8:53

Hi Clive,

That's the default email address for the admin user. Try logging in as admin and changing the email address :)

Account deleted

13 April 2009, 14:00

Hi Penny

I already changed the admin email address yesterday, but still keep getting these entries in the sendmail logs hourly:

Apr 13 19:09:40 vleinternal sendmail[794]: n3CAUAV3019962: to=<[email protected]>, delay=1+07:39:30, xdelay=00:02:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=3002275, relay=example.org. [208.77.188.166], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with example.org.

I even checked the admin user's email address in the database and it definitely isn't [email protected]

Has anyone any idea what could be generating these regular messages?

They only started when I installed mahara.

Thanks very much

Clive

Account deleted

13 April 2009, 17:12

It's probably sendmail trying to resend the original emails, hoping that at some point it'll get a reply from example.org.  Eventually it will give up, though it might take a few days.
Account deleted

14 April 2009, 0:28

Hi Richard

Yes you were right there was one deferred message in the mail queue that sendmail was trying to resend over and over again. I have now cleared the mqueue manualy.

Thanks very much :)

Clive

5 results