Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
File/internalmedia Windows Incompatibility

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 November 2012, 15:51

Hi, we had installed Mahara 1.6.2 over Ubuntu server and everything looks to be great. But we had detected that at time to use internalmedia blocks, over Windows OS(XP, 7 & 8), most of times it crash...showing the messageĀ  File format dont permited...then the same users , using Ubuntu 12.04 could use it without troubles..Any idea? Thanks..

PS: Sorry by my english...

Account deleted

16 November 2012, 15:15

Hi Boris,

Can you give us the full original text of the error message in your language?

Also a screenshot of it happening. Remember to link to the image if you upload it here, otherwise it is hard to find.

I guess this is settings in IE. Perhaps IE doesn't have flash installed yet, or it's turned off?

I can only guess if I can't google with the original text.

Thank you,
Melissa.

Account deleted

01 December 2012, 11:06

Thanks Melissa, the only message that system release is "File format dont permitted"...and to this moment only on Windows OS. P.E: An user upload a mpg video and everything works fine, but then upload a flv and... "File format dont permitted"...no more error message o crash..o nothing, then the same user goes to pc with Ubuntu and everythng fine...even with the same web browser, Firefox, the same version...and almost the same time...any idea...?

3 results