Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Hyperlinking and Sequencing

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 December 2008, 14:36

Two questions:

1. How does one include a external hyperlink as an "artifact" in a View? Related: is it possible to use/enable HTML in the Text artifact? 

2. I don't think it's possible but are there plans to allow some sort of internal hyperlinking or sequencing of Views? E.g. 

Account deleted

08 December 2008, 17:57

1. There's no "hyperlink" artefact type/block type, which means you don't have a place in your portfolio to manage hyperlinks. But yes you can use the text box. There is a symbol in it that looks like a window, that you click to make the editor go full screen, from there you can do all sorts of things - and also there is a <> button that allows you to go to HTML mode. We hope to make that little html editor a bit better in future.
  2. We've bandied around ideas of having multiple "pages" to a View, with navigation. Though there's no solid plans yet - as always, that will depend on getting funding.
Account deleted

11 December 2008, 13:42

Thanks, Nigel. You answered my questions exactly.

I will look forward to possible sequencing, and would be happy to contribute ideas, too.

Account deleted

11 December 2008, 13:57

EDITED:

I found out that if in user settings you have HTML Editor turned off, that window does not exist. I had turned that off thinking I could write HTML directly in the box. 

Account deleted

11 December 2008, 16:05

Nope - when the HTML editor is off, it is assumed (like, for example, plaintext vs. html email) that you want to input in plain text.
Account deleted

11 December 2008, 18:07

Thanks again. I based my assumption off of what I'd experienced on a couple other systems, but no worries--what you describe makes sense.

Going back to the idea of sequencing or linking between views, is there a thread or roadmap that discusses this? One idea I had today was a View that contained Views, providing navigation (e.g. tabs) between views.

Account deleted

11 December 2008, 18:33

Regarding the plain text thing - one thing Mahara should do but doesn't yet is auto-link URLs in such boxes. I added some code to do this recently, which I should test/enable for view text boxes.

There's a feature request on the tracker about having multiple view pages. Though there's no discussion on it yet.

Account deleted

11 December 2008, 19:31

I did see a couple similar feature requests; unfortunately--and I know this is probably not the best place to note it--I'm still awaiting my e-mail confirmation for the Eduforge account (I did resend).
Account deleted

11 December 2008, 23:16

Not sure what's up with eduforge... not really my area. Hope you get the email soon.
9 results